Thursday 4 January 2018

NEWBORN EARFLAP HAT – CROCHET

NEWBORN EARFLAP HAT – CROCHET 

Happy new year to all my bloggers!!

I'm really happy to write a new entry to explain to you how to make an earnest hat for a newborn. 
People who know me knows that my real profession is midwife and pediatric nurse so they knows that I have passion for those little princess and princesses.

So… Do you want to make one for a special new little baby ? 
Here’s how:
Materials
Super Bulky weight yarn – Normally I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick
Size 6  Crochet Hook
This hat is very small as it is intended for a brand new baby. If your hat is a just bit too small, you may want to try a larger hook.
This pattern uses European crochet terms.
st = stitch
ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
hdc = half double crochet
hdc dec = half double crochet decrease.

Pattern
 
Ch 4, join with slip stitch to form loop.
Round 1: Ch 2 (counts as first st), 11 hdc in loop, sl st in second ch to join. (12 sts)
Round 2: Ch 2, hdc in same st, 2 hdc in each st of previous round, sl st to join. (24 sts)
Round 3: Ch 2, hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st, *hdc in next 2 sts, 2 hdc in next st, repeat from * 6 times, sl st to join. (32 sts)
Rounds 4-11: Ch 2, hdc in each st around, sl st to join. Finish off. Weave in ends.
If you want to add braids and tassels, cut 3 pieces of yarn about two feet long. Pull yarn through earflaps so that half the length is on one side of the middle stitch of the last row and half the length is on the other side. (The yarn loops around the post of the middle stitch.)
Braid the 6 strands of yarn, finish with a knot, and cut leaving about an inch-long tail.
 hope that’s all clear. Please, let me know if you have any questions about the pattern in this blog or in my page : https://www.facebook.com/embartisanknittingandcrochet/
Remember that you can watch my videos tutorials on my YouTube channel embartisanknitting & crochet 
Follow me on Twitter @embartisanknit or in Instagram.
Thanks for reading my blog.
A big hug.
Esther embartisanknitting & crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment